- HAVE YOU EVER HAD THIS HAPPEN AT YOUR WORKPLACE?
- CAN YOU AFFORD FOR THIS TO HAPPEN AT YOUR WORKPLACE?
- CAN YOU AFFORD TO LOOSE YOUR LICENCE, YOUR BUSINESS OR EVEN WORSE YOUR LIFE OR THE LIFE OF AN EMPLOYEE?
To ensure this is not happening at your workplace you as an EMPLOYER need to make sure your staff operating forklifts are up to date with their forklift training and hold a current licence
AS AN EMPLOYER YOU ALSO HAVE LEGAL RESPONSIBILITIES
You are responsible for providing:
• a safe work environment
• safe systems of work
• safe and well-maintained machinery
• proper information, training and supervision
Having a safe work environment, effective employee training, well-maintained machinery, a traffic management plan, policies and procedures and effective supervision all help reduce the risk of forklift-related injuries.