Unit of Competency TLILIC2001
Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck (LF) Queensland
If you’re looking for nationally recognised forklift qualification, in both an affordable and time effective way, this course is perfect for you. Due to high demand, we’ve added different paths for training to ensure there’s always an option to suit everyone. Interested in enrolling or learning more about this course? Get in touch today with one of our team members, who will answer all your questions.
Why you should do forklift training, what’s in it for you?
Return on your investment, by:
- Flexible employment – just about every industry uses a forklift
- Productivity – Familiarisation with the equipment’s capabilities enables you to complete tasks in the most productive way
- Efficiency – Training enables you to handle & manoeuvre the equipment in the most time conscious & energy efficient method
- Safety – You will be trained to ensure the equipment is being used in the safest fashion and be aware of hazards that may arise so they can take cautionary action, to prevent any workplace injuries
You can rely on Ag Training’s Forklift training and learning support to ensure you gain your forklift licence with ease, within your allocated timeframe.
Objective of the forklift training
You can rely on Ag Training’s forklift training and learning support to ensure you gain your forklift license with ease. This will give you skills to safely operate a forklift in the workplace.
You will require a valid forklift ticket in order to remain in the employment or to gain employment as a forklift operator
Your common career paths for a forklift operator
Delivery of the Forklift Course
Ag Training offers flexible, reliable and easy to access options that you can choose:
Why you will benefit doing a forklift licence with Ag Training.
- Reduce the risk of Workplace Health and safety fines
- Increase productive – having employees qualified to do multi jobs
- Reduce the risk of accident
- Reduce the risk of mechanical damage to the forklift
- Individuals who complete this training have better opportunities finding work.
- Safe employment ensures you come home at nights to your family.
- Gain the confidence to operate a machine.
- Get the certified qualification for operating the forklift .
Forklift Course Requirements
- Be able to read and write basic English (Workplace health and safety requirement)
- Pass a language, literacy and numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Minimum 18 Years of age (Workplace health and safety requirement)
- Provide 3 forms of identification
- Wear steel capped or safety boots on site; sun protection – Hat, long sleeved shirt and pants are also recommended.
How to Apply? How to renew an expired forklift licence?
If you have an old paper or OHS forklift licence or expired licence you will have to provide the following information to obtain a current licence:
- A copy of the old licence;
- Logged hours under supervision of a forklift licensed person;
- A copy of the supervisor’s forklift licence.
Ag Training will issue you with a learner’s guide (we can supply the learners guide as a video with a voice over), which you will have to study, as the written assessment is a closed book assessment.
If you have literacy and numeracy issues, the written assessment may be an oral assessment (which means the trainer/ assessor can ask questions to you the trainer/ assessor can write your own answer).
The procedure for the assessment is as follows:
- We have to give WHS three full working days notice, before the assessment can be undertaken;
- The written assessment is undertaken first and you have to pass it before the practical assessment is undertaken;
- The practical assessment is next;
- If you are deeded competent on the forklift you will be issued with an AS1 form, which will allow you to operate a forklift in the workplace legally;
- You have sixty days from the assessment date to apply for you photo licence on line at the following link: https://fswqap.worksafe.qld.gov.au/search.
Contact us today to learn more