Inspect and clean machinery for plant, animal and soil material
Unit of Competency AHCBIO201
What is CIMHC training?
Clean and inspect machinery hygiene course ( CIMHC) training applies to anyone who is moving machinery or equipment, such as combine harvesters, tractors, vehicles, trucks, dozers, graders, excavators, front end loaders, backhoe, scrapers and drill rigs from one location to another to ensure that soil borne pathogens and weed are not relocated to the new site
You will develop the skills to prepare for cleaning, carry out cleaning and appropriate disposal of waste.
What will I gain out of the weed & seed training?
If you are a supply company, mining company or a gas company you will reduce your daily cleaning costs. On the completion of the training in weed & seed you will be able to go to Santos, QGC, Arrow and Origin offices and get their vehicle/equipment inspection report book. You will also be issued with a statement of attainment in the following unit of competence, AHCBIO201 Inspect & clean machinery for plant, animal and soil materials.
What will the training cover?
- Check machinery and support vehicles
- Organises the work tasks before starting and communicate with other workers.
- Get all relevant compliance documentation – cleaning report/declaration form a third party report.
- Check safety procedures – inspect the work area and identifies the hazards.
- Always do routine checks for contamination on the machine/equipment before starting the cleaning – visual checks on all points.
- How long a weed hygiene last for your vehicle/machine.
- What fines are involved if not done correctly
- Remove all covers and parts safety.
- Clean machinery and equipment
- Select correct cleaning equipment and tools
- Blow out entire engine compartment area and radiator core and under engine and over condensers – blowing from inside out with low air pressure or using a high pressure washer on a low pressure setting.
- Wipe up any oil and grease
- Vacuum the inside of the cabins
- Blow out chassis and axle areas,, sump guards, tyres and rims
- Blow off all exterior points
- Blow all support equipment and vehicles
- Blow out inside cab – floor, behind seats and map pockets
- Wash all exterior with high volumes of water at a designated wash down facility
- Check all areas after cleaning
- Replace all parts, covers, guards and secures safety cable
- Complete cleaning work
- Dispose of waste and infected material or weeds
- Complete all reports and cleaning logbooks correctly and promptly
- Watch a video on weed & seed training
Contact us today to learn more