Date(s) - 16/06/2016
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Unit of Competency RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
A confined space:
- Is any enclosed or partially enclosed space that is not intended or designed primarily a place of work
- May but need not have restricted means of entry and exit.
A confined space has one of these dangers:
- A dangerous level of oxygen or
- Something in it (a gas) that could cause an explosion or fire
- Contaminants (gasses, vapour, or dust) or
- Something that could engulf you and make it hard for you to breathe.
This unit covers the entering and working in confined spaces in resources and infrastructure industries, and includes:
- planning and preparing for entry of confined spaces,
- entry and working in confined spaces,
- exiting confined spaces
- cleaning up