Date(s) - 05/09/2016
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Unit of Competency AHCBIO201A Inspect and clean machinery for plant, animal and soil material
Weed & Seed training applies to anyone who is moving machinery or equipment, such as combine harvesters, tractors, vehicles, trucks, dozers, graders, excavators, front end loaders, backhoe, scrapers and drill rigs from one location to another to ensure that soil borne pathogens and weed are not relocated to the new site
You will develop the skills to prepare for cleaning, carry out cleaning and appropriate disposal of waste.
Clean machinery and equipment
- Select correct cleaning equipment and tools
- Blow out entire engine compartment area and radiator core and under engine and over condensers – blowing from inside out with low air pressure or using a high pressure washer on a low pressure setting.
- Wipe up any oil and grease
- Vacuum the inside of the cabins
- Blow out chassis and axle areas,, sump guards, tyres and rims
- Blow off all exterior points
- Blow all support equipment and vehicles
- Blow out inside cab – floor, behind seats and map pockets
- Wash all exterior with high volumes of water at a designated wash down facility
- Check all areas after cleaning
- Replace all parts, covers, guards and secures safety cable
Complete cleaning work
- Dispose of waste and infected material or weeds
- Complete all reports and cleaning logbooks correctly and promptly
Bookings are closed for this event.