RIIWHS202E Working in Confined Spaces Training Toowoomba
RIIWHS202E Working in Confined Spaces Training in Toowoomba
Unit of Competency
RIIWHS202E Enter and Working in Confined Spaces in Toowoomba and South East Queensland
What is working in confined spaces?
What is a confined space?
- A confined space is any enclosed or partially enclosed space, that is not intended or designed primarily as a place of work.
- Therefore the space may have, but need not to have, a restricted means of entry and exit.
A confined space has one of these dangers:
- A dangerous level of oxygen
- Something in it (a gas) that could cause an explosion or fire
- Contaminants (gasses, vapour, or dust) or
- Something that could engulf you and make it hard for you to breathe.
Whether you have previous experience or not, Ag Training’s trainers work with you to deliver the best possible result.
As a result, this unit covers the entering and working in confined spaces, in resources and infrastructure industries, and includes:
- planning and preparing for entry of confined spaces,
- entry and working in confined spaces,
- exiting confined spaces
- cleaning up
Successful trainees will receive a Statement of Attainment and a Statement of Attainment card to carry in your wallet.
Half day course
8:00 am – 1 pm
- Access, interpret and apply compliance documentation relevant to entering and working in confined spaces.
- Obtain, confirm and apply safety requirements relevant to the allotted task
- Obtain authorisation (entry permit) to enter the confined space.
- Identify, obtain and implement signage and barrier requirements as required by the project plan
- Select tools and equipment to carry out tasks that are consistent with the requirements of the job.
- Ensure that the atmosphere is tested and monitored for harmful elements in accordance with procedures.
- Conduct inspection of the confined space.
- Remove tagging and lock-out according to site procedures.
- Clear work area and dispose of or recycle materials in accordance with project environmental management plan.
Location – Ag Training come to you
Working at Confined Spaces in Toowoomba and South East Queensland courses can be held at Ag Training in Toowoomba or at your work site depending on the number of participants.
Ready to enrol in our Working in Confined Spaces training course?
View all training, tickets and courses available
- RIIMPO319D Conduct Backhoe/Loader Operations (LB)
- RIIMPO323D Conduct civil construction dozer operations (LZ)
- RIIMPO320E Conduct civil construction excavator operations (LE)
- RIIMPO321E or RIIMPO322E Conduct civil construction tracked front end loader operations (LL)
- RIIMPO324E Conduct civil construction grader operations (LG)
- RIIMPO317E Conduct civil construction roller operations (LR)
- RIIMPO318E Conduct civil construction skid steer operations (LS)
- RIIWHS204D Work Safety at Heights
- RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces