Working Safely at Heights Training Course Toowoomba
Working Safely at Heights Training Course in Toowoomba
Unit of Competency
RIIWHS204E Work Safely at Heights
What does it mean to work safely at heights?
To work safely at heights, risks must be managed if a person may fall less than 3 metres (housing construction), 2 metres (other construction) or if work is on a roof pitch, not more than 26 degrees.
For instance, hazards that may present a risk from a fall include:
- Vertical reinforcing steel, the edge of a rubbish skip, a picket fence, or a stack of bricks below workers.
- Un-sheeted floor bearers and joists 2 metres below workers.
- Work on a brittle roof.
Causes of falls:
There are many reasons why workers fall from heights, including:
- Incorrect use of ladders and scaffolding
- Slippery surface (weather)
- Poor housekeeping
- Unprotected edges
- Working near open holes
- Insufficient level of training and fitness
- Lack of supervision and
- Incorrect use of PPE
Whether you have previous experience or not, Ag Training’s trainers work with you to deliver the best possible result.
In summary, this unit covers working safely at heights in the resources and infrastructure industries and includes:
- Identifying the work requirements
- Work procedures and instructions for the task
- Accessing and installing equipment
- Performing work at heights
- Cleaning up the work area
In summary, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment and a Statement of Attainment card to carry in your wallet.
8:00 am – 12 pm
Participants will develop skills to select height safety equipment and apply it to specific tasks, while working in accordance with Height Safety Regulations, Australian Standards and relevant codes of practice.
Ready to enrol in our Work Safely at Heights training course?
View all training, tickets and courses available
- RIIMPO319D Conduct Backhoe/Loader Operations (LB)
- RIIMPO323D Conduct civil construction dozer operations (LZ)
- RIIMPO320E Conduct civil construction excavator operations (LE)
- RIIMPO321E or RIIMPO322E Conduct civil construction tracked front end loader operations (LL)
- RIIMPO324E Conduct civil construction grader operations (LG)
- RIIMPO317E Conduct civil construction roller operations (LR)
- RIIMPO318E Conduct civil construction skid steer operations (LS)
- RIIWHS204D Work Safety at Heights
- RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces