Inspect and Clean Machinery for Plant, Animal and Soil Material
Above all, Ag Training’s Weed and Seed Training. Is planned to provide you with an awareness of biosecurity threats, associated when you move machinery, vehicles or equipment from one site to another, or over the State Border. Therefore, to ensure that soil borne weeds are not relocated to the new site.
In this case, if you own or operate a vehicle or a machine in Queensland. You must make sure that it is free of any nasty plant species. Otherwise you may be charged with a fine which, consequently, could have been avoided.
However, depending on your destination, you will be required to have either a Weed Hygiene Declaration or a Vehicle Hygiene Inspection Report. In some cases you may be required to have both.
- Similarly, weeds cost Queensland an estimated $600 million every year.
- Consequently, parthenium infestation covers over 8 million hectares in Central Queensland.
- In Particular, meat from livestock that eat the weed is badly tainted and unfit for the table.
- Including, toxic, to cattle which can cause death in 30 days if significant amounts are consumed.
- As a Result, Increased costs in cropping.
- Property devaluation
What you will gain out of Ag Training’s weed and seed training.
However, if you are a Supply Company, Mining Company or a Gas Company. You will reduce your daily cleaning costs by having the ability and expertise to undertake your own cleaning. Finally, on the completion of the training in Weed & Seed you will receive Ag Training’s Statement of Attainment. You will be able to go to Santos, QGC, Arrow and Origin offices and obtain their vehicle/equipment inspection report book.
Ag Training Weed and Seed Training covers
- Company specific weed hygiene procedures.
- State government legislation.
- Introduction to potential soil borne weeds
- Weed recognition skills, covering declared pest plants and common weeds.
- Potential poisoning points on vehicles, machinery and equipment.
- Inspection and clean down procedures.
- Safety procedures.
- Equipment to assist in cleaning machinery.
- Practical clean down and inspection exercise conducted.
- Watch a video on weed & seed training