Weed and Seed Training
Weed & Seed Training Course in Toowoomba and Darling Downs
Unit of Competency
AHCBIO203 Inspect and Clean Machinery, tools and equipment to preserve biosecurity
The Weed and Seed Training course in Toowoomba provides you with an awareness of the biosecurity threats associated when you move machinery, vehicles or equipment from one site to another, or over the State Border. Therefore, this ensures that soil borne weeds are not relocated to the new site.
In this case, if you own or operate a vehicle or a machine in Queensland, you must make sure that it is free of any nasty plant species. Otherwise you may be charged with a fine (which could have been avoided).
However, depending on your destination, you will be required to have either a Weed Hygiene Declaration or a Vehicle Hygiene Inspection Report. In some cases you may be required to have both.
Economic impact of not conducting weed and seed inspections
- Weeds cost Queensland an estimated $600 million every year.
- Consequently parthenium infestation covers over 8 million hectares in Central Queensland.
- In particular, meat from livestock that eat the weed are badly tainted and unfit for consumption. These weeds can be toxic to cattle which can cause death within 30 days if significant amounts are consumed.
- As a result, this can cause increased costs in cropping and the potential to cause property devaluation.
What you will gain out of Ag Training’s weed and seed training?
If you are a supply company, mining company or a gas company, you will reduce your daily cleaning costs by having the ability and expertise to undertake your own cleaning and weed and seed inspections. Upon the completion of the training in Weed & Seed you will receive Ag Training’s Statement of Attainment. You will be able to go to Santos, QGC, Arrow and Origin offices and obtain their vehicle/equipment inspection report book.
Weed and seed training covers the following:
- Company specific weed hygiene procedures
- State government legislation
- Introduction to potential soil borne weeds
- Weed recognition skills, covering declared pest plants and common weeds
- Potential poisoning points on vehicles, machinery and equipment
- Inspection and clean down procedures
- Safety procedures
- Equipment to assist in cleaning machinery
- Practical clean down and inspection exercise conducted
Ready to enrol in our weed and seed training course?
View all training, tickets and courses available
- RIIMPO319D Conduct Backhoe/Loader Operations (LB)
- RIIMPO323D Conduct civil construction dozer operations (LZ)
- RIIMPO320E Conduct civil construction excavator operations (LE)
- RIIMPO321E or RIIMPO322E Conduct civil construction tracked front end loader operations (LL)
- RIIMPO324E Conduct civil construction grader operations (LG)
- RIIMPO317E Conduct civil construction roller operations (LR)
- RIIMPO318E Conduct civil construction skid steer operations (LS)
- RIIWHS204D Work Safety at Heights
- RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces