Working in Confined Spaces
Training for RIIWHS202D enter and working in Confined Spaces in Toowoomba and South East Queensland
A confined space:
- To begin with, is any enclosed or partially enclosed space, that is not intended or designed primarily a place of work
- Therefore, may, but need not have restricted means of entry and exit.
A confined space has one of these dangers:
- Firstly, a dangerous level of oxygen or
- Secondly, something in it (a gas) that could cause an explosion or fire
- Thirdly, Contaminants (gasses, vapour, or dust) or
- Fourthly, something that could engulf you and make it hard for you to breathe.
Consequently, whether you have previous experience or none, Ag Training trainers, work with you to deliver the best possible result.
As a result, this unit covers the entering and working in confined spaces, in resources and infrastructure industries, and includes:
- planning and preparing for entry of confined spaces,
- entry and working in confined spaces,
- exiting confined spaces
- cleaning up
In summary, successful trainees, receive a Statement of Attainment and a Statement of Attainment card (see example below) to carry in your wallet.
> 1/2 Day
> 8:00 am – 1 pm
Finally, Learning Outcomes
- Access, interpret and apply compliance documentation relevant to entering and working in confined spaces.
- Obtain, confirm and apply safety requirements relevant to the allotted task
- Obtain authorisation (entry permit) to enter the confined space’.
- Identify, obtain and implement signage and barrier requirements as required by the project plan
- Select tools and equipment to carry out tasks that are consistent with the requirements of the job.
- Ensure that the atmosphere is tested and monitored for harmful elements in accordance with procedures.
- Conduct inspection of the confined space.
- Remove tagging and lock-out according to site procedures.
- Clear work area and dispose of or recycle materials in accordance with project environmental management plan.
Location – Ag Training come to you
Working at Confined Spaces in Toowoomba and South East Queensland courses can be held at Ag Training in Toowoomba or at your work site depending on numbers of participants